If you're reading this post, you're ready to take control of your schedule & create more time for yourself, and the things that are important to you!
But, before you read any further, please don't miss part of 1 this challenge...
Are you caught up with part 1 yet?
Good! Let's continue!
Challenge: How To Take Control Of Your Schedule & Create More Time, Part 2
While part 1 of this challenge simply documents how you're typically spending your time over a 7-day time period, part 2 is much more proactive!
Up next, our simple questions will help you to analyze the time you've spent in the past, so that you can plan a more purposeful and productive schedule in the future!
Here's how part 2 of this challenge works:
- First, review all 7 of your Daily Planners over the past week to analyze how you've spent your time:
- Sleep: Have you been sleeping enough, too much? About 8 hours is recommended for most adults.
- Schedules: Do you have routines? Do you have average wake and sleep schedules? Can you predict your daily activities? Do you feel productive?
- Negative Habits: Are there things you would like to take away, or stop doing?
- Positive Habits: Are there things you would like to add, or start doing?
- Then, begin to plan the outline of your next 7 days, by starting with 4 lists:
- Obligations: Things like sleep, or working hours are listed here; anything that you're dedicated to and cannot change. While these may be commitments of your time now, do you want to make changes here? How so?
- Self-Care: Things that you want or need to do; anything that brings you joy and fulfillment, that you would like to do more of. Make a long list of anything that comes to mind! This is about taking care of yourself, so that you can mentally and physically be available elsewhere in your life.
- Family: Things that you do to help your family; anything that you want to do, or are best suited to do. Parenting, home-management, healthcare provider needs.
- Friends: Things that you do socially; with individuals or as part of your community. Outings, playdates, fellowship.
- Then, download the daily worksheet (or, create your own), and outline your next 7 days based on this order of importance:
- Obligations: Block out obligations first, by days and times.
- Self-Care: Choose 1 new self-care thing that you're not currently doing, dedicate time to it over the next 7 days.
- Family: Are there family obligations you can delegate? Which ones will you be dedicating your time to over the next 7 days?
- Friends: What would you like to do socially over the next 7 days? Where does it fit into your schedule?
- Stick to your new daily plans over the next 7 days!
Check back here for part 3 next week for the conclusion of this challenge!
Are you following along with this challenge? Do you have any questions to help you be more successful?
Let us know in the comments!
Peace, Love & Yarn